Jump Crew (Attendant, Sport)
Jump Crew (Attendant, Sport) (SEASONAL)
Updated: September 20, 2022
Title: Jump Crew (Attendant, Sport) - SEASONAL
Position: SEASONAL, Full Time (40-44h+ per week)
Expected Placement (subject to change): May 1, 2023 – October 31, 2023*
Location: Spruce Meadows, 18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW, Calgary, AB T2X 4B7
Wage: $20-$25 per hour depending on experience
* Limited hours available between September 19-October 31, 2023
The Jump Crew (attendant, sport - NOC: 6722) is a seasonal, full-time position at 40 – 44+ hours per week at a rate of $20-$25 per hour depending on experience. Spruce Meadows is a world renowned show jumping (equestrian sport) venue located in southwest corner of Calgary, Alberta which holds a number of tournaments throughout the year. Events are held on weekends, therefore it is necessary to be available to work weekends, overtime, early mornings, mornings, days and evening/nights. Shifts will fluctuate to coincide with the busy Spruce Meadows Tournaments.
RESPONSIBILITIES (included, but are not limited to)
- The setup of three (3) to four (4) outdoor competition rings and the adjacent warm up rings as required for each competition on a tournament day.
- Measure heights, widths and distances of obstacles and ensure they are built to strict Equestrian Canada (EC) and Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) standards.
- Help set up sports timing Tag Heuer equipment.
- Assist in the equine ambulance drill and emergency animal removal.
- Jump repair and general maintenance (including but not limited to: painting; basic carpentry).
- Divot and turf repair, irrigation requirements related to this scope of practice.
- Basic maintenance and upkeep of all equipment and tools related to the jump crew tasks.
- Maintenance such as sweeping, washing, basic repair (within scope) of Spruce Meadows grounds including but not limited to: pathways of various medium, fencing, temporary and permanent structures.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Full availability during contract dates
- High school diploma
- No experience is required, however it is considered an asset have experience with horses (specifically in the sport of show jumping) and/or as jump crew
- Comfortability around horses
- Reliable transportation to and from work and a valid Class 5 driver’s license (there is no public transit available to Spruce Meadows)
- Driver’s abstract
- Available to work weekends, evenings, late nights, early morning, on call
- Comfortable with a physically demanding job including (but not limited to) handling heavy loads (40kg or greater) and standing bending, crouching and/or kneeling for longer periods of time
- Comfortable with working outdoors in all weather conditions including (but not limited to): hot, cold, wet and dry as well as dusty and noisy areas.
- Organizational proficiency
- Ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Communication in basic English (oral)
- Strong team approach and willingness to assist others when necessary
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit conflict resolution skills
- Experience and certification in specialized equipment operation (skidsteer, fork lift, aerial work platform, agricultural equipment, tractors, etc.) (Strong Asset)
- Current certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (Asset)
- Ability to speak a second language fluently (Asset)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Spruce Meadows Mission Statement, the focus of excellent service, the heart and mind of the Southern Family is always at the forefront. This includes but not limited to Spruce Meadows e-mail protocol, quotations, contracts, general correspondence and verbal communications; both in person and via telecommunications (See Spruce Meadows Policy and Procedure Manual, Spruce Meadows Code of Conduct, Spruce Meadows Confidentiality Agreement). – All Spruce Meadows employees are expected to demonstrate and uphold the Spruce Meadows Mission Statement.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to:
RE: Jump Crew - Seasonal
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please.