Event Services Coordinator, Special Events
Special Events Services
Spruce Meadows is committed to being the leading venue in the world for the international horse sports with a focus on the organization of hosting show jumping tournaments of unmatched quality for junior, amateur and professional athletes in a manner that reflects basic family values in a clean, green and welcoming environment that celebrates the horse and encourages the breeding and training of quality sport horses and the teaching and development of athletes.
Title: Coordinator, Event Services
Department: Special Event Services
Reporting to: Manager, Special Event Services & Hosting
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Expected Start Date: July 2022
This is a full-time position at 40–44 hours per week. Spruce Meadows is a world renowned show jumping venue which holds a number of tournaments throughout the year. The Coordinator(s), Hosting Venues is the position responsible for executing all events related to facility rentals. This includes but is not limited to tournament and non-tournament special events, catering liaison, client relations, supplier relations, purchases and logistical requirements as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES (included, but are not limited to)
- Being the sole representative accountable for all respective assigned events. This includes but is not limited to administration, pre-event planning, communications, event execution, post event logistics, and follow up.
- Contacting, booking, and confirming all related support services and equipment as related to each assigned event.
- Ensuring all event contracts are current, signed and reflect all respective details or potential incremental expenses accurately prior to proceeding with the event planning process.
- Assisting in attaining all goals and objectives as set forth in the annual approved Operating Budget as directed by the Manager, Hosting Venues. This includes the tracking of all expenses via purchase orders; Spruce Meadows accounts payable procedures, and the Spruce Meadows Capital Expense Approval Report (CEAR) process.
- Assist in the preparations of tracking and reporting analysis for events, commissions and services conducted at Spruce Meadows.
- Assisting with coding and reconciling all facilities purchases prior to department approval by the Manager, Hosting Venues.
- Support in the development and marketing of facility rentals when requested by the Manager, Hosting Venues.
- Ensure proper venue inventories are maintained.
- Beverage stocking, inventories, allocations, tracking, preparing invoicing and respective department journal entries related to beverages, beverage return to respective suppliers.
- Ensure Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission Licensing, Guidelines and Regulations are being maintained in every aspect of a Class A, Class B licensed premise.
- Ensuring all health regulations are maintained for all Spruce Meadows events and when working with contracted food and beverage providers in accordance with the Calgary Health Region and the Public Health Act.
- Completion or partial completion of post-secondary education, preferably Hotel or Restaurant Administration or Management Graduate or equal experience. Business Administration or Management Graduate would also be considered.
- Reliable transportation to and from work and a Class 5 driver’s license(there is no transit available to Spruce Meadows)
- Valid ProServe License (Alberta)
- High School diploma
- Organizational proficiency
- Ability to move quickly and carry heavy loads
- Strong time management skills
- Strong team approach and willingness to assist others when necessary
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work early mornings, weekends and evenings in listed dates of employment
- Current certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (Asset)
- Ability to speak a second language fluently (Asset)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Work is in a fast-paced work environment. Successful applicants must be willing to work in a variety of different settings, and must work well in both team and individual scenarios. The Spruce Meadows venue operates in all weather conditions, from early mornings into late nights and on weekends.
The Spruce Meadows Mission Statement, the focus of excellent service, the heart and mind of the Southern Family is always at the forefront. This includes but not limited to Spruce Meadows e-mail protocol, quotations, contracts, general correspondence and verbal communications; both in person and via telecommunications (See Spruce Meadows Policy and Procedure Manual, Spruce Meadows Code of Conduct, Spruce Meadows Confidentiality Agreement). – All Spruce Meadows employees are expected to demonstrate and uphold the Spruce Meadows Mission Statement.
If you would be interested in joining our team, please email your resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.