Spruce Meadows Television (SMT) requires a versatile media professional with strong production and editing skills and experience in post-production and live production environments, to meet the needs of Spruce Meadows, Cavalry FC and other corporate and commercial endeavours. Everything from full live event coverage, to features, documentaries, commercials, corporate videos and social media content. SMT is looking for a person with senior editing skills who can also take the initiative independently on projects and tasks. The successful candidate will have the ability to take a project from conception to completion; make professional decisions, tackle multiple projects and deliver quality programs and assignments on deadline.
- To produce professional quality, short format and full-length media projects for various outlets
- Pre-production planning, brainstorming, filming, editing and delivery of media projects
- Manage in-house media via ingesting, logging, mastering and archiving of raw, historical and recently completed produced assets
- Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Over 5 years of previous experience in the field
- Teamwork, collaboration skills, adaptability and the ability to take appropriate initiative
- Problem-solving, listening skills, and to effectively understand and respond to client needs
- Excellent production skills including scripting, single and multi-camera set-ups, lighting, audio, shot composition, visual storytelling, interviewing, b-roll capture
- Media management organization including in-house labeling of assets for archive, ingest into editing server, export for client delivery and mastering
- Post-production skills including editing, photo manipulation, colour grading, voiceover recording and audio mixing.
- Ability to work independently as a producer, director, editor (or all) as well as part of a team dynamic responsible for various tasks during any given production-
- Live sports production is a large part of the docket and includes narrowcast live stream coverage, working with additional production team(s) for national and international distribution, commercial playback and auditing, and an advocate and critical eye for Spruce Meadows’ overall production needs.
- Ability to work under stress, in live production situations, handle multiple projects at the same time and meet firm deadlines.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical, hardware and/or production deficiencies and work with internal IT team or external industry standard resources to problem solve.-
- A mature, enthusiastic and confident attitude with the ability to communicate and contribute to a positive team environment that continuously strives for excellence.
- Avid Media Composer and the Nexis shared storage editing platform
- Adobe Creative Suite with strengths in After Effects, Photoshop and Media Encoder
- Base knowledge of a variety of cameras including but not limited to Sony XD Cam Series-
- XDcam recording and playback format
- Archive-use formats including HDCam, Digibeta and Beta SP
- Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook, Planner and Teams
If you would be interested in joining our team, please mail, fax or email your resume to:
RE: Producer / Editor
18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
Calgary, Alberta T2X 4B7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.