Spruce Meadows has worked for months with many levels of Provincial and Federal Governments to obtain a National Interest Exemption (NIE) to operate its events in September 2021.
The submission to the Federal Government included the Covid-19 mitigation plan that has been signed off by the Province of Alberta, as well as the Economic Impact of the Spruce Meadows events on Calgary, the Province of Alberta, and Canada. This National Interest Exemption was required to allow foreign nationals (international athletes, support staff, and officials) to travel and be admitted to Canada under separate and distinct Covid-19 mitigation protocols.
With the opening of the Canadian Borders by the Federal Government to any fully vaccinated international travellers, Spruce Meadows is now able to sell a LIMITED AMOUNT of advance sales tickets to the facility on Saturday and Sunday of the 2021 "North American" C.S.I. These are the only two days a pre-ticketed, limited amount of public will be admitted to Spruce Meadows.
Because of the NIE granted to Spruce Meadows in order to host the September Series, Spruce Meadows must implement a series of health and sanitization policies and procedures - unlike we have had to do in the past - in order to be in compliance. Spruce Meadows will continue to monitor guidelines and protocols from local public health officials and will update these Safety Guidelines as needed.
1. PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION WILL BE REQUIRED + ONE GOVERNMENT-ISSUED ID (2-week issuance minimum). Kids 12 & under require a ticket and a mask.
2. TEMPERATURE CHECKS BEFORE ENTERING SPRUCE MEADOWS
3. MASKS MUST BE WORN IN ALL INDOOR LOCATIONS + WHILE IN CONCESSION LINE-UPS
4. IT IS SUGGESTED THAT FANS KEEP THEIR MASKS ON WHILE IN THE STANDS EXCEPT WHILE ACTIVELY EATING OR DRINKING
5. STAFF WILL BE MASKED
6. INCREASED RESTROOM SANITIZATION
7. SANITIZING STATIONS THROUGHOUT THE GROUNDS
8. TO AVOID TOUCHPOINTS, NO WATER STATIONS WILL BE ON SITE. WATER CAN BE PURCHASED AT THE CONCESSIONS.
9. NO PETS WILL BE PERMITTED IN 2021.
- Attendees must purchase their ticket(s) in advance - there are strictly no tickets available at the gate for sale.
- Tickets purchased to the event must either be printed or available on your mobile device's Apple Wallet in order to be admitted and scanned.
- In accordance with the recent announcement by the Government of Alberta, Spruce Meadows asks that attendees wear a mask in all indoor locations, while in line for concessions and suggest that fans keep their masks on when they are in their seats except when actively eating or drinking.
Masks must be worn at all times in the following indoor locations:
- upon entering the Horizons Pavilion for ticket scanning, temperature check, and ID and vaccination check.
- All restrooms
- All concession lines
- All tents and shops
If you feel unwell, please stay at home.
1. Please be aware there will be no assigned seating and distancing is encouraged.
2. Seating will be located in the Southwest and West Grandstands only.
3. All grass areas and the East Grandstand will not be accessible.
4. Please leave all blankets and chairs in your vehicle. There will also be limited food concessions, entertainment and vendors.
5. Attendees must remain in the plaza and International Ring area and will not have access to any of the other competition rings, barn areas, hosting venues or offices.
6. Attendees will also have no access to the athletes competing at Spruce Meadows. Thank you for your understanding.
Saturday, September 18 9:00 a.m.(MT)
Sunday, September 19 9:30 a.m. (MT)
Please note: Spruce Meadows will not be admitting public before the times listed above
All tickets are $25 and are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
(ALL individuals, regardless of age, require a purchased ticket to gain admission to Spruce Meadows. Scarves will not be applicable in 2021. Parking is complimentary with ticket purchase.)
Access to Spruce Meadows has changed vastly with the construction of the SW Calgary Ring Road/Stoney Trail. You can now access Parking Lot 8 via Spruce Meadows Green and then turn left onto Tournament Lane (see map below). Parking is complimentary with your ticket purchase.
RED ARROW SHUTTLE BUS: There will be no shuttle available.
We encourage contactless payment whenever possible, and to eliminate touchpoints, there will be no ATMs on-site.
If you have any questions, please contact Spruce Meadows at 403-974-4200 or at email@example.com